The Best Podcast Episodes of All Time
People ask me, all the time… “What should I listen to?”
My Answer: “Podcasts”
Them: “Why should I listen to Podcasts”
Me: “Really smart people get interviewed in an uncut, uncensored fashion where they get to share their ideas about (Insert interest) ”
Them: “Oh OK…..”
Want to learn how to burn fat more efficiently? There are hundreds of experts out there who give their best stuff away for free. Want to start a business? Look no Further.
Turning off the garbage on the radio and listening to something that might actually help you get more out of life, is one of the easiest things you can do to develop who you are.
Podcasts can be Listened to during your commutes, while working out, on your lunch break, when you are too tired to read at night, going for a walk etc. Any free moment that you would normally spend doing other mindless activities, you can absorbing lots of really helpful information in short amount of time.
In terms of both quantity and quality of information, podcasts are incredible. Some of the best minds in the world get interviewed in an unrehearsed, uncut, and uncensored format. They spill decades of learning which gets distilled to you in a few hours. There is no CNN, ABC, NBC there to ruin the fun.
The only problem with Podcasts, is there is A LOT of them. What to start listening to, can be a task in itself.
If you have ever searched through iTunes, you know what I’m talking about.
I have taken the guesswork out of the equation. Below I have posted some of my favorite podcast episodes of all time from a variety of sources. They helped me tremendously on my journey (and still do). I hope that they can be of value to you as well.
I also wrote down my of my notes for these episodes. They are meant as a guide and I apologize for the grammar, misspellings and other crappy verbiage.
Mindset and Paradigm Shifting Podcast Episodes
Here are a few episodes that really struck a cord with me and forced me to re-evaluate many things in my life. My hope is that you can learn from these as well.
- Optimal state of consciousness, where we feel and perform our best
- Sense of self decreases, Laser focus, Everything happens effortlessly, Near perfect decision making
- It is the most addictive experience in the history of the world
- How to naturally Create flow: Focus. Risk-the brain releases dopamine when we are at risk. Rich environment: lots of novelty, complexity,
- You will Feel Resistance to your calling. Resistance is the opposite reaction to your sole calling.
- Resistance is the voice inside your head is not actually you.
- Figuring out Your Path. It is our job to figure out who we already are, not try to figure out what to be.
- We only have one authentic self
- Get out of your own way. Embrace who you are, and cultivate the strengths you already have
Passage from book The War of Art:
“Our job in this lifetime, is not to shape ourselves into some ideal we imagine ought to be… But to find out who we already are and become it.”
- Goal Setting (the Steve Pavlina way): The difference between goals that you complete and those that don’t have do with emotional draw. They don’t necessarily have to be SMART goals. If you get an immediate emotional response from the goal, it must inspire you, it is a good one that you will complete.Connect with what you want and disconnect what you do not want.
- Think win-win or no deal. Many people think that compromise is OK when it comes to getting what you want.
- Burn the ships but don’t burn the food and water supply. Get to a tipping point, the emotional seesaw where you are forced to move forward.
- Think about life like weight training. You need additional and increasing resistance to grow as a man (spiritually, physically, mentally)
- Most failures happen outside of our awareness
- Our beliefs often affect us on a subconscious level without being aware of them. It is not until we write it down or talk about it do we even realize their affect. Mediation gives us that awareness
- Beliefs Are self-fulfilling prophecies. You find evidence to support your beliefs. You will find ways to make your beliefs come true either consciously or unconsciously
- Become an observer to your emotions and patterns. Remove your emotional response
- How to be a Genius? Genius’s notice connections and patterns.Notice sameness or differences. They can find new ways to put things together or new combinations of the same thing.
- Charisma can be taught and turned on at will.
- Charisma changes the perception of appearance (height, looks). In fact, looks are not important for charisma.
- The 3 Main Components of Charisma: Presence, power and warmth.
- The 4 Types of Charisma: 1. Focus Charisma: Helps people share what is on their minds. 2. Authority Charisma: When you want to lead people. Good for when you want get others to move. 3. Kindness Charisma: Makes people feel warm and fuzzy inside. After someone goes through a tough situation. 4. Visionary Charisma: When you want to lead others into battle. Think Steve Jobs.
Podcasts that Helped me Discover Myself
Figuring out “Who You Are” and your “Core Principles” is essential when you are trying to improve yourself. When you can literally write down in a few sentences “Who You Are” and “What you stand for”, life gets so much easier. Decisions that were once hard to make now are easy and automatic decisions. It also helps you decide what you will accept and tolerate in your life.
How Great Leaders Inspire Action? – Simon Simek
This is not really a podcast, but it is too good to leave out. Seriously, you need to watch this.
- Great organization are built from the inside out. They have a firm understanding of who they are, their vision, their beliefs and what they stand for.
- Those who lead inspire us, because we believe in their message. We do it for ourselves. This explains how People like Martin Luther King were so successful. He told us his dream, not what he was going to do.
- Whether individuals or organizations, we follow those who lead not because we have to, but because we want to. It is a choice.
- We follow those who lead not for them, but for ourselves.
- Take full responsibility for everything in your life.
- What do we avoid? Health, family, spirituality, finances, relationships, business
- Forgive for Success. If you don’t forgive yourself or other people, you will never be successful
- Enroll People in Your Vision. Sell your energy to your team and your vision
- Powerful leaders get people to buy into their vision. Connect with People
- People don’t care what you know, until they know that you care.
Podcasts that are Informational and Fun
- For coffee the lighter the roast the more vitamins, minerals in the coffee.
- Think of your environment like a firewall for your genes. RNA copies DNA and the firewall (environment) controls which RNA copies are allowed to pass through. By taking care of your environment, you control which genes are turned on and off.
- Cancers have 28x more insulin receptors than standard muscle or fat cells. This means that any glucose (sugar) in your system is 28x more likely to be absorbed by cancer cells than by healthy tissue.
- Being drunk affects sperm quality. You make new sperm every 3-4 days.
- Whey protein can be anti-inflammatory due to the increase in glutathione
- Bonobo Chimps- They have DNA almost identical to humans. They are very peaceful they solve everything with sex include male-male and female-female. This is another example of homosexual behavior in nature.
- Most common Bonobo sexual contact is female to female.
- If you want a more loving and sexual society you need to empower females.
Health Focused Podcasts
Dave Asprey: The BulletProof Exec #94/#95 Hacking Your PH, LED lighting, & Smart Drugs with Steven Fowkes Part 1/2
- We want to be net acidic during the day, because our immune system relies on acidity
- We want to be more alkaline at night, for healing purposes. Our healing system relies on alkalinity
- Alkalizing Foods have the boomerang effect. There is a two hour acidifying effect of these foods and a 8 hour alkalizing effect of the foods.
- Light Spectrum Over the Day. You want to be in alignment with the suns cycles Red light in the early morning. Red light in the AM turns on mitochondria and soaks your body in photons. Blue light Dominance during the mid-day. Red Dominance towards the Evening
- The Racetam family: Increases oxygen levels in the brain without decreasing circulation. Fowkes takes 10g of piracetam a day (holy cow).
- What is MS? Multiple sclerosis or MS is a disease that affects the brain and spinal cord, resulting in loss of muscle control, vision, balance, and sensation (such as numbness). With MS, the nerves of the brain and spinal cord are damaged by one’s own immune system. Thus, the condition is called an autoimmune disease.
- What is Paleo Plus? basically a ketogentic diet for MS patients. Uses a lot of MCT oil to push the body further into ketosis. She has 31 nutrients she is trying to get through diet. Micronutrient density is key.
- Commonalities Between Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s, dementia? Common theme is that brain cells are getting the its time to die signal from the mitochondria.
- Important Points: Gluten is a huge part of the problem. Colors and polyphenols in the food, have a huge effect on neuro-degeneration. They maintain the integrity of membrane for the mitochondria. Coffee and tea are very high in polyphenols. Tart berries are also very high, Blackberries, beets, .She wants to maximize freshness and colors, red, green, yellow,
- Endometriosis- Elevated Insulin levels. Generally a suppression of SHBG. Body fat goes up, generally get some aromatization (conversion of T to E). Can be estrogen dominance. It is abnormal growth related to angiogenesis.
- Treatment of Endometriosis: Omega 3 to 6 imbalance-could benefit from some GLA’s. Ketogenic diet-Should help calm endometriosis. Lots of Omega 3’s
- Poly Cystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS). Treatment-Create an insulin sensitive environment
- Most Common Mistakes with Women who Train: Not Enough protein. Constipation. Xenoestrogens. Inability to detoxify estrogens. Sleep
- When you take carbs out of the diet, the body reacts wildly different than a consistent high carb diet. Eating regular high carb meals will cause regular rises in blood sugar levels and hunger.
- Carbs are a tool to be used properly. Carbs are best eaten at night. One 6-8 hour carb reefed will increase thyroid hormone and the production of uncoupling proteins.
- Carb Back loading: Reasoning, you wake up Ketogentic and your body runs on ketones and burns fat throughout the day. In general we are more insulin sensitive in the morning Carbs make it easier to store Bodyfat because of insulin. Once you have a high insulin spike you are essentially in a storage mode. If in a post exercise workout window you can preferentially store glycogen from carbs in muscle tissue. Due to non-insulin mediate glucose transport into the muscle cells.
- Depending on when you eat your carbs, you can select which tissues you want to glucose to go to.
Super Human Radio #682 Epigenetics with Dr. Peter Rouse
- Epigenetics Means above the gene. You can improve gene expression through diet and supplementation.
- 5% of your genes you are stuck with. 95% you can change the way your genes express themselves
- Methylation of Genes: Your genome (DNA) is wraped around things called histones (similar to Proteins). Histones have a tail and methylation can cause the histone tail to wrap up. This turns on and off the Gene expression. Environmental factors cause these Histones to wrap up.
- Telomeres-End of chromosome and stabilizes chromosome. The more toxic the environment the more the breakdown of Telomeres.
- Chemo therapy is tantamount to burning the house down because there is a stain on the carpet.
- ½ American population will get cancer/tumor in their lifetime. Cancer used to be a rare disease until modern times. 10,000,000 cells die every second and are replaced. The cell membranes are made out of oil. If they are made out of the wrong type of oil they inhibit oxygen to the cell. In many states to it is illegal to treat cancer with anything but chemo, surgery. Vaccinations are dangerous and do harm.
- Cancer is not a thing. It is a biological process that you can turn off/ turn on. The tumor/cancer is a side effect. Cancer is the process.
- Cancer is the result in the tampering (screwing up) of the cellular apoptotic landscape. Cells are supposed to die and then be replaced. When you interfere with this process, the cells don’t die and keep reproducing.
- Germ Theory says- that disease is caused by microorganism outside of body.
- This does not make sense because the human body is made up of more non-human cells than human. Look at the biology of the human stomach and intestines. The germ theory is complete nonsense
- Sterilization and anti-bacterials have developed a super race of bacteria.The first job of an organism from the smallest Nano-organism up to a giant whale is survival. When you try to kill or suppress and organism they just get stronger.
I know I’m a sucker for the 90’s….