Neuro Association (+/- BRAIN Associations)
Example: Smokers associate stopping smoking as being painful. This makes stopping really hard.
3 Beliefs for Lasting Success
- It must change now.
- I must change it now.
- I can change it now.
5 Keys to Asking Intelligently
- Ask Specifically.
- Ask Someone Who Can Help You.
- Create Value for the Person You’re Asking.
- Ask with Focused Congruent Belief.
- Ask Until You Get What You Want.
The 6 HUMAN Needs (give us Fulfillment):
Needs 1 and 2. Humans Desire (1) Certainty and (2) Uncertainty
• We desire certainty in order to maintain our sanity. For me, I have been very fearful because my current job situation is so uncertain.
• We desire uncertainty because it is necessary for growth. Surprise is fun and it forces us to develop. Like when I do get my new job, it is going to be fucking awesome because I had to go through so much uncertainty.
Need 3. We desire Significance:
• It’s the reason why we dress different, act different, through religion, through violence (makes you very significant in a negative way),
• The real question is what are you going to do to make yourself feel significant. In my case it’s the blog and my content creation.
Need 4. Humans Desire Connection:
• We all seek connection. This is why some people fake sickness because it allows them to feel a connection.
• I also get connection through being in nature (mountain biking), spending time with my family
Needs 6 and 7. We desire to (5) Grow and (6) Contribute
• The only way we feel significance when we grow and contribute to the greater good.
• Growth is created when we get uncomfortable
• My contributions need to be in the form of creating content (blog posts, writing, speaking, creating videos, art).
• I am happiest when I’m contributing something meaningful like my content creation.
The secret to wealth and Happiness: BECOME A TEAM PLAYER
The Best Team Players Do This
• If you are going to be a team player, The thing you need to do is connect when it’s hard to connect.
• 1 st Call the people that hurt you and let them know how appreciative you are of the things they taught you.
• 2nd call the people that it got awkward with because you drifted away from them.
◦ “I’m calling just to eliminate any weirdness or awkwardness, just so that in the future it won’t be weird again”
• 3 rd Item: Make a list of my Team Members (close inter team)
◦ People I am driven to serve.
Rags to Riches
• All great movies have people going from slavery to freedom. We love it when people stand up and put themselves out there.
• We love it when people step up.
Our Lives are Meant to have Seasons:
• Another Analogy. Our lives are light a turn signal light. On and Off, over and over again.